Nafpaktos is a seaside town (15m high) in the Corinthian Gulf and belongs administratively to the prefecture of Aitoloakarnania. Built between Antirrio and the estuary of Mornos River, it is one of the oldest Greek cities that has experienced periods of great prosperity and has been associated with important historical events. This is confirmed by the perfect fortification, which starts from the harbor, continues with three steep walls and ends up in the castle. It has been characterized as a traditional settlement.
- Statue of Miguel de Cervantes at the port of Nafpaktos
- The well-preserved castle that dominates the hillside with the pine forest behind the city.
- The Venetian harbor.
- Traditional downtown homes and cobblestone streets.
- The old mansion of the Botsari family turned into a private museum.
- The two beaches of Psani and Grimbovo, as well as the nearby beaches of the villages of Phocis.
- The nearby Rio-Antirrio Bridge.
- The "Pharmaki" Museum.
- Museum of the national liberation struggle of 1821.
- The traditional lighthouse at Nafpaktos Castle
Useful phone numbers
Radio Taxi Nafpaktos: 26340 25111
Ano Chora Health Center: 26343 60000
Health Center of Nafpaktos: 26310 57100